The Spring School was organised by the Institut of Risk and Uncertainty, University of Liverpool (UK) in collaboration with the Institute for Actuarial and Financial Mathematics and took place on 21-24.03.2018. Over the three and a half days a range of methodological approaches to risk and uncertainty quantification and communication was covered, ranging from Probability Theory, Imprecise Probability, Machine Learning to Algorithmic Trading and Fractional Calculus.The course covered the following topics and practical applications:
- Probability Theory – Takis Konstantopoulos, Upsala University, Sweden
- Imprecise Probability – Sèbastien Destercke, Heudiasyc, CNRS Compiegne, France
- Intro’ to Credal Networks – Alessandro Antonucci, IDSIA, Switzerland
- Machine learning and Insurance – Jose Garrido, Concordia University, Canada
- Trading in Energy Markets – Paul Eisenberg, University of Liverpool, UK
- Intro’ to Fractional Calculus – Wei Zhu, University of Liverpool, UK
Many external members, among which graduate and PhD students from the Liverpool University, attended the Spring School. All the participants successfully completed the Spring School and received an official certificate of attendance from the organizing istitution.